The Manager, Accounting is responsible for performing general ledger and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements for both internal and SEC reporting, recommending improvements to our ERP and fixed asset system, preparing statistical and financial reports for external partners, technical accounting research, SOX, organizing month end close and assisting the Chief Financial Officer and Group Controller in preparation of planned and adhoc reporting.
- Lead monthly close and responsible for closing calendar, prepares closing journal entries, prepare accrual entries, and prepares financial statements and variance analyses, while ensuring the records and financial statements follow US GAAP
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Utilizes NetSuite accounting system, Excel, and presentation software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Researches and recommends policies from technical accounting literature
- Provides input into, and analysis supporting budget analyses and variance reporting;
- Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
- Coordinates and maintains miscellaneous reports; verifies all billings are complete and reconciled to the general ledger; and supervises expense report postings.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer/Controller in compilation of miscellaneous confidential reports
- Assists in preparation of SEC filings
- Responsible for reporting equity compensation, including reviewing and analyzing stock-based compensation (SBC) spending to ensure accuracy
- Review semi-monthly payrolls
- Assist and support quarterly review and annual audit with external audit team
- Assist Senior Director of Finance, Controller in establishment and oversight of financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems including SOX 404 compliance
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned, to support the Finance department
Qualifications / Requirements / Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, or above, in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience – in a biotech, life science, pharma or medical device firm is a plus
- Active CPA
- Proven experience with financial statements
- Proficiency in NetSuite is a plus
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel
- Previous experience in audit processes and procedures is desirable
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.