Manager, Accounting - Garden City, NY
Reports to: US Controller Location: Garden City, NY
The Manager, Accounting is responsible for performing general ledger account and bank statement reconciliation, preparing journal entries and financial statements for both internal and SEC reporting, recommending improvements to our NetSuite platform and fixed asset system, preparing statistical and financial reports for external partners, technical accounting research, SOX, organizing month end close and assisting the Chief Financial Officer and Controller in preparation of adhoc reporting.
- Lead monthly close and responsible for closing calendar, prepares closing journal entries, prepare accrual entries, and prepares financial statements and variance analyses, while ensuring the records and financial statements follow US GAAP
- Demonstrates effective communication and problem-solving skills
- Utilizes NetSuite accounting system, Excel, and presentation software.
- Perform various complex account analyses and reconciliation.
- Reconciles the general operating account bank statements to the General Ledger.
- Researches and recommends policies from technical accounting literature
- Uses statistical, economic and financial principles and techniques to prepare reports
- Responsible for reporting and managing all equity-based transactions (options, grants and ESPP)
- Responsible for reporting equity compensation, including reviewing and analyzing stock-based compensation (SBC) spending to ensure accuracy
- Review purchase requisitions and contracts/work orders for terms of payment, GL coding, and proper invoice approvals
- Provides input into, and analysis supporting budget analyses and variance reporting;
- Prepares various financial documents for compliance with regulations.
- Coordinates and maintains miscellaneous reports; verifies all billings are complete and reconciled to the general ledger; and supervises expense report postings.
- Monitors and submits for mailing all periodic financial documents.
- Maintains records retention log to facilitate the orderly file system of permanent records for adherence to record retention policy.
- Assists Chief Financial Officer/Controller in compilation of miscellaneous confidential reports
- Assists in preparation of SEC filings, including Form 10-Q’s, Form 10-K’s, Form 8-K’s, and press releases.
- Maintains fixed asset system, which includes preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of general ledger to fixed assets system, and preparation of depreciation schedules for budgeting purposes.
- Review semi-monthly payrolls
- Assist and support quarterly review and annual audit with external audit team
- Assist Senior Director of Finance, Controller in establishment and oversight of financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems including SOX 404 compliance
- Perform other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned, to support the Finance department
Qualifications / Requirements/Experience
- Must have a Bachelors Degree, or above, in Accounting or Finance or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience – preferably in a biotech, life science, pharma or medical device firm is a plus
- Active CPA or pursuing CPA desired
- Proven experience with financial statements
- Proficiency in NetSuite is highly preferred
- Excellent planning, prioritization and time management skills and willingness to take ownership of tasks
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail are required.
- Previous experience in audit processes and procedures is desirable.
- Prior experience designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures—in a SOX environment
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.