Electrical Engineering Technician - Madison, WI
Electrical Engineering Technician
Reports to: VP Engineering Location: Madison Area, WI
The Electrical Engineering Technician provides day-to-day support of Engineering product development activities for existing and new medical device programs. This person will be hands on, adept with hand tools for soldering, electrical measurement equipment and have strong attention to detail with the ability to work with moderate supervision. Medical device development or service repair containing electronics, various sensors, electromechanical actuators and pneumatics experience is preferred.
- May assist in preparation of materials for in-process and final verification testing, including, but not limited to medical devices. This can include component sampling, testing, measuring, recording and analyzing results.
- Provides technical support when needed, while adhering to all applicable procedures
- Uses a variety of test equipment/instruments, assists in maintaining acceptable performance of equipment/instruments (e.g. calibration/verification) and assists in keeping applicable procedures updated
- Work as part of a team under the direction of Development Engineering and assist with New Product development feasibility testing, construction, assembly, troubleshooting the repair of electronics and electromechanical systems during the design process
- Build a strong understanding of Nitric Oxide Gas Delivery system field of operation to provide root cause troubleshooting for field product complaint diagnosis.
- May assist, as required, with activities regarding incoming raw material inspection, in-process inspection, finished product or component inspection, and/or non-conformance reporting
- Assist with internal and external (regulatory or customer) audits, as appropriate
- Utilizes established mathematical or scientific statistical analysis techniques to compile and analyze engineering data
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations, as directed
- Maintain orderly engineering laboratory ensuring an efficient but safe work environment
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements / Experience
- Degree in an Electrical Engineering Discipline
- Must have 5+ years experience in Medical Device or related field
- Good Communication skills and an eye for detail are required
- Knowledgeable in Design Engineering, New Product Development, trouble-shooting and repairs related to medical device design, service and manufacturing.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and electropneumatic system diagrams
- Understanding of electrical engineering test equipment
- Understanding of electrical engineering principles for sensors, electromechanical actuators.
- Understanding of electronics for both analog, digital embedded processor power, power regulation and current control.
- Knowledge of ISO 13485/FDA requirements
- Strong Mathematical skills required
- Based in Madison, Wisconsin Area
- Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.