CFO - Beyond Cancer
Chief Financial Officer for Beyond Cancer
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer - Beyond Cancer Location: Atlanta, GA Area
Chief Financial Officer is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Delivering leadership for financial planning and growth of the company.
- Developing collaborative working relationships within the organization in pursuit of the of the company’s overall business goals.
- Ensuring the company stays in financial compliance at all times with various regulatory bodies.
- Setting strategic goals and making sure they are measurable and describable.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Develop performance measures and monitoring systems that support the company's strategic direction.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Manage the accounting, tax, and treasury departments.
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting, or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Manage the company's transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Coordinate with the parent Company to ensure consolidation for external financial reporting
- Liaison with Company’s auditors and the parent Company for its quarterly and annual financial statement
- Report financial results to the parent Company and the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Construct and monitor reliable internal control systems.
- Manage the Company’s information technology systems.
- Monitor and review appropriate corporate insurance.
- Ensure that the company complies with all regulatory requirements.
- Ensure compliance of the Company’s record retention policy.
- Review contract with suppliers, vendors and others to minimize third-party risk.
- Manage relationships with certain third parties.
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- CPA & BSc required (Masters preferred)
- 5 yrs. biotechnology Senior Executive Position
- Strong skills in Financial Planning and Strategy
- Ability to manage Profitability, Strategic Planning, Vision, Quality Management
- Ability to Promoting Process Improvement, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Financial Skills, Dealing with Complexity
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Work outside the normal office hours as required.
Beyond Cancer is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.