Reports to: Vice President, Engineering Location: Madison WI Area
We are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our R&D Team. The qualified candidate will be responsible for developing the mechanical design, performance, manufacturability, and reliability of our portfolio of devices.
- Take Responsibility for design and development projects aiming at improving medical device reliability and performance while meeting customer / user needs.
- Identify opportunities for design improvements in a complex mechanical system containing electronics, sensors and pneumatics.
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
- Manage design projects involving sub-contractors designer, component suppliers and contract manufacturers.
- Works in conjunction with the Engineering team to support manufacturing scale-up, incorporate new design changes, vended component qualification and make manufacturing improvements.
- Uses CAD for the creation of design output drawing to support the supply of components and mechanical assemblies.
- Perform hands-on mechanical design of a pneumatic gas delivery control systems used in medical life support equipment
- Performs engineering calculations to support design work
- Collaborates with a multi-disciplinary engineering teams in support of electro-mechanical packaging of electronics, sensors combined with pneumatics.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent (Masters preferred)
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in a medical device Company
- FDA Class III experience preferred
- Mechanical Engineering Experience
- Firm grasp of engineering concepts
- Must be knowledgeable in designing products to meet both FDA and ISO 13485 quality management requirements
- Background in design and development, including design with Solid Works
- Deep technological understanding and creativity in hands-on problem solving
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter, self-learner, and self-organizer
- Possess a keen attention to detail
- Ability to travel 10%
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.