Materials Planner - Dublin, Ireland
Reports to: Head of Global Supply Chain Location: Dublin, Ireland
The Materials Planner will work under direct supervision of the Head of Global Supply Chain to perform activities, achieving internal and external customer service goals, optimizing inventory and minimizing cost. This includes proactive risk mitigation, supply execution oversight, monitoring and reporting of results; and may include capacity planning, logistics execution and process ownership of administrative tasks to enable the efficiencies of the larger Beyond Air team.
- Plan purchases for assigned products, projects, and commodities and negotiate and implement appropriate buying methods. Develop Purchase Requisition per procedural requirements and Product Specifications, issue purchase orders, confirm deliveries, and expedite deliveries as required. Request bids from suppliers as needed
- Plan and direct finished goods shipments between 3PL to final end-user and ensure timely delivery as well as inventory accuracy and serial number/lot number traceability in NetSuite.
- Maintain, monitor, and enhance the internal purchasing system to continuously meet production requirements. Use various tools like MRP to make sure appropriate inventory levels are maintained. Maintain and publish accurate tracking systems to keep all stakeholders informed of any potential disruptions in the supply chain.
- Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability.
- Coordinates and directs movement or transfer of materials and completed parts to meet the master production schedules.
- Establish standard cost for purchased items and maintain the standard cost files.
- Serves as backup to the Head of Supply Chain
- Support S&OP process as required engaging with Sales Operations and Finance.
- Interact with Clinical Support Team and coordinate return shipments from end users to the appropriate facility for review and checkout.
- Working closely with Engineers and Head of Global Supply develop alliances with Beyond Air’s suppliers to manage supplier performance and develop plans to alleviate any supply chain risks.
- Actively participate in MRB as required and ensure timely disposition of rejected material from supplier and assist SE/Engineering/Mfg. Engineering/Quality on corrective action and recovery plan.
- A. or B.S. in Business, Supply Chain or a related field
- 3-5 years or more of work experience in purchasing, materials planning and supply chain management. Medical device experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated high level of business judgment. Ability to deal with suppliers, customers and cross-functional departments positively, responsibly, and professionally.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite. NetSuite experience is preferred
- Knowledge of LEAN, six sigma, kaizen, and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Green Belt a plus
- Must be able to adapt to changing priorities and tasks and demonstrate flexibility in a changing business environment. Models a positive can-do attitude and is cooperative both within their function and company-wide
- Ability to prioritize tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate a strong commitment and dedication to the organization on a consistent basis
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.