AP / AR Coordinator - Garden City, NY
AP – AR Coordinator
Reports to: US Controller Location: Garden City, NY
As a member of the Finance department, AP/AR Assistant reports to the US Controller and is responsible for supporting the tasks related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Accounts Payable tasks include assisting with vendor bill data entry to accounting system, obtaining and matching supporting documentation, and processing bills for payments. Accounts Receivable tasks include assisting with customer billing and collections.
- Assist with maintaining accurate vendor records in accounting system, following Company’s policies and procedures
Vendor bill processing
- Assist with processing vendor bills and entering data in accounting system following Company’s AP guidelines.
- Assist with verifying billing details on vendor invoices against contractual terms.
- Perform a 3-way match of PO or vendor contract, receipt, and bill.
- Determine that the invoice terms, quantities and price matches with the purchase order
- For consultants, ensure that the company has tax reporting records to compile 1099 reporting
- Assist with obtaining support and approval of vendor bills for payment.
- Assist with investigating discrepancies in vendor billing against PO or contractual terms, contacting vendors if needed and resolving discrepancies.
- Collaborate with Purchasing in the areas of receipts and billing against PO’s.
- Assist with reviewing open PO’s in the accounting system; close PO’s as necessary.
- Assist with reconciling month end vendor statement to vendor outstanding balance.
Vendor bill payment processing
- Assist with preparing payment batches for vendor bill processing.
- Assist with applying payments to vendor bills in accounting system.
- Assist with requesting Statement of Account from vendors and verifying details with internal AP records.
- Assist with responses to vendor and internal inquiries regarding open invoices and payment status.
- Assist with monthly customer billing and issuing customer invoices.
- Submit billing to customers.
- Assist with collections and following up with customers on past due invoices.
- Assist with maintaining support for customer billing data and internal AR records.
- Assist with reconciling month end statement to customer outstanding balance.
- Assist with customer billing issues.
May perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor from time to time.
- AA, AS, or BS in Accounting or Business-related major from an accredited university is a plus
- 3 years of experience in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Experience with General Ledger entries is a plus
- Excellent data entry skills.
- High attention to detail, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in daily work and other projects.
- Experience with Excel.
- Strong verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and takes ownership of his / her work product.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Performance Orientation – Is driven by personal performance; achieves all objectives detailed in scorecards and comfortable with quantifiable assessments.
- Impact Orientation – Performs to stated objectives and driven to make an impact on company goals and patients’ lives.
- Sense of Urgency – Has the speed and agility dedicated to the company’s goals and performance.
- Ability to Handle Pressure and Ambiguity – Comfortable with the pressure to be the best and the ability maintain composure and focus in situations of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Confidence - Confident in one’s skills and abilities; pursues everything with energy; demonstrates the drive and a need to finish especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Transition from standing and sitting often.
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.