Software Verification & Testing Engineer - Intern
Reports to: VP Engineering Location: Madison, Wisconsin Area
This temporary position will be responsible to perform verification and validation of medical devices to deliver a high-quality product that meets or exceeds customer expectations and meets FDA design controls.
- Verification and Validation of embedded as well as application software for complex system interactions in medical devices
- Develop software verification protocols for the design and development of the system/subsystem, review requirements, develop test scenarios, review and approve protocols, perform the execution of the protocols, analyzes results, and write reports
- Responsible for verification around the various aspects of the software platform of the medical device to account for user interactions, performance, safety and functionality.
- Executing the verification activities to support the software verification for projects under new product development (NPD) and/or Life Cycle Engineering (LCE) initiatives of medical device development.
- Executing the verification activities to support tool validation.
- Fulfilling activities to comply with the project deliverables outlined in the Design and Development Plans and Design Control Procedures, as applicable.
- Tracking and document discrepancies, as applicable, during verification.
- Support and maintain Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment infrastructure
- Critical analysis of technical situations, identifies problems, and work with the cross-functional team in resolving the problems.
- Effectively collaborates within cross-functional teams to convey problems, opportunities, solutions and results in the medical device development
- Actively engage in continuous improvement initiatives to establish a Center of Excellence (CoE) in Software Assurance function.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements/Experience
- New grad or student with at least two years completed towards a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Ability to understand functional/technical specifications
- Possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills must be self-motivated, willing to learn new concepts, technologies and products quickly
- Desire to work as a software test engineer completing verification testing on a safety-critical regulated product (i.e., med device)
- Desire to learn to use tools such as Rational Quality Manager, ReqView, JIRA, Git
- Working knowledge on OS such as Windows
- Ability to troubleshoot and make quick knowledge and experience-guided decisions
- Excellent written, communication, presentation and social skills, with meticulous attention to detail that extends beyond written and verbal communication
- Excellent people skills, ability to partner well, good team camaraderie
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools especially MS Word, MS Excel
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.