Director, Business Development - Garden City, NY
The Director, Business Development is responsible for the global business development activities of Beyond Air. They are responsible for identifying, negotiating, assessing and finalizing new business opportunities that are in line with the strategic growth and business objectives for Beyond Air. For all new business opportunities, the person will assess technical relevance, financial and market potential and any proprietary and legal implications. They will work collaboratively with internal functions to complete financial modeling of all opportunities which will be presented to senior leadership.
- Implementation of Business Development Strategy for Beyond Air.
- Ensuring that Beyond Air’s activities lead to the development of world class and commercially successful products.
- Alliance management with Beyond Air global partners. Oversees and manages all relationship aspects with our global partners.
- Lead the business development function in alignment with the CCO and CEO’s vision and objectives
- Provide specific recommendations and projections for immediate and longer-term growth
- Develop and secure new business opportunities through identification, outreach and follow-ups with high potential contacts
- Plan and lead presentations and meetings with prospective clients, from initial contact through to deal close
- Conduct and lead financial analysis and market research activities to assess financial viability of target, evaluate market potential, differentiating technology and product leadership that will generate targeted revenue
- Attend conferences and trade shows as needed
- Manage the business development annual budget
- Works with the leadership team to align priorities and achieve overall business results and objectives.
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements / Experience
- MBA Preferred
- 8+ years of progressive business development experience in Medical Device or a Life Sciences Technology-driven company
- Good Communication skills and an eye for detail are required
- Experience in establishing relationship with large pharmaceutical and medical device companies, especially in respiratory field
- Exceptional negotiating skills along with financial acumen
- Thorough understanding of FDA regulations within the US, in addition to global laws and regulations related to IP and legal implications with acquisition of technology, products or companies.
- Direct experience with Nitric Oxide is preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to quickly establish credibility, trust and support with both internal and external constituents
- Work outside the normal office hours as required
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.