Head of Sales
The US head of Sales/Commercial operations is responsible for leading the sales organization, product commercialization and sales operations for the US. This individual’s primary role is to build and develop a sales organization to maximize the opportunity for the LungFit PH system and create a strong platform for potential future additions to the LungFit brand family and beyond. This person will work closely with senior leadership in the organization, in particular the heads of marketing, business development, operations and finance to ensure that customer needs are exceeded. A proven sales leader, this individual will be able to rapidly build a loyal customer base and also identify new opportunities for growth as Beyond Air looks to expand the portfolio.
This role requires strong initiative, self-motivation and coordination with other team members. The ideal candidate for this position will be an ambitious, proven team builder with a track record of exceeding expectations.
- Builds a sales organization that will deliver the strategic objectives of Beyond Air (BA) in the US.
- Utilize market knowledge and industry contacts to grow the BA business in line with agreed commercial goals.
- Ensures the organization is highly competent in identifying and pursuing new contacts and accounts, and broadening the range of business in existing relationships.
- Develops a “customer centric” mindset within the organization and ensure alignment with the senior leadership team to sales strategy and execution.
- Ensures a talent pipeline is maintained and continually developed, champions global career development and opportunity
- Responsibility for leading specific account growth initiatives on behalf of BA and the sales organization to facilitate the success of the team as a whole.
- Ensure priority account plans are developed, executed and maintained in conjunction with annual account planning processes as well as the specific business needs
- Sales Force Effectiveness (SFE)
- Work with product commercialization and sales operations to establish a process to manage SFE through defined strategies and tactics, supported by rigorous customer relationship management tools
- Work closely with the head of marketing to understand customers” key needs/challenges and key market trends to create a pipeline for future portfolio expansion and customer penetration.
- Gather market intelligence as input to product management and product marketing to improve offerings and communication for local market needs.
- Provide clear direction, and actively communicate with the sales team and other stakeholders within BA. Work with marketing team to identify market trends and help formulate lead-generation plans that will lead to new revenue generation opportunities.
- Participate in professional trade shows and clinical conferences, or the equivalent, (or as practically possible), setting up client meetings, exhibit coverage and lead generation.
- Build a contract management team that can work alongside legal and finance staff as well as Supply Chain groups to contribute to the design and implementation of Master Service Agreements (MSAs), negotiate preferred provider agreements and volume pricing, and provide project-level contracting and business development support.
- Build skills and processes to achieve excellence in contract management and sales operations. Document communication/discussions and all opportunity details in SalesForce.com (or similar CRM system) to ensure a tracked record of existing correspondence and/or future next steps required.
- Ensure all team members act in compliance with the company code of conduct and any relevant industry standards relating to the promotion and sale of medical devices.
Qualifications / Requirements/Experience
- 15+ years of progressive experience in pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry.
- Master’s degree in a Health Science, Health Economics, Epidemiology, or an advanced business degree is preferred.
- Understanding medical device sales and the business implications of different models. Specific expertise in the respiratory field is valued but not required.
- Demonstrated ability in leading high performing sales and service teams in target industries (Bio/Pharma/Medtech/Diagnostics)
- Demonstrated experience of managing client relationships, preferably in the target industries
- Able to establish clear performance and development expectations and priorities for the sales team and help them achieve revenue objectives, their personal goals and professional development.
- Excellent team building and team selling skills and collaboration with all levels of internal and client stakeholders.
- Proven track record of high level of sales performance in a competitive, dynamic marketplace.
- Consistent success in account development.
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com and other sales/marketing software tools for managing a sales team against target metrics.
- Able to develop sales strategies into operational plans and construct sales territories and allocate key accounts in a logical fashion. Experience designing and managing commission programs.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional commercialization teams with a strong business orientation and ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives.
- Able to operate in a team setting and be capable of building strong, trusting relationships with peers and their organizations.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal skills to maintain close working relationships at multiple levels within an organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experienced and adept in a variety of negotiating settings.
- Superior project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a data-driven focus.
- Flexible and able to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
- Self-motivated professional with ability to work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- High ethical standards and personal integrity.
- Masters preferred
- Medical Device experience strongly preferred
Beyond Air is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.